Sunday, June 6, 2010

What would have happened?

It was Christmas Eve. People were cheerful. People were drinking. People were opening gifts.
I, on the other hand, sat on this small corner with a few relatives.
"You're blooming!" my cousin added.
I smiled awkwardly, you know where this conversation was going.
"Are you in love" my Aunt asked.

In love?

I wouldn't clearly say i am. More likely... "i was"

--------------------
A month ago, i was in love. I was in love with a guy who wasn't even my type. Not that i hate him, i just didn't come to like him more than what he is. It was all so sudden, our relationship grew from acquaintances to close friends. It felt like i was falling... falling in love.

"BUT NOT TO A GUY LIKE HIM!" I shouted reluctantly as i told my best friend.
"Why him??"

Oh, and did i mention? I'm a girl who doesn't stand out. I'm ussually the ones you find researching in the library or sleeping in class. I dont have looks either. But him? He looks "beautiful."

"-i don't think you should use the term beautiful, it sounds wierd" my best friend laughed.
I looked at her, blushing. He wasn't "beautiful" months ago, i guess when your in love with someone... that person suddenly becomes the most wonderful person you met in your entire life.
"STILL, why him?"

"Does love have to make sense?"
My bestfriend drew a conclusion to that conversation that day.


---------------------

Neverthless, i have sworn to myself that i will never confess to this guy. How many times have i been tempted to anyway. There were times when we were alone, many times i've seen many chances but i chose to shut my mouth and forced my heart shut.

Months have passed, it seems time has passed me by.

Now that we have separated ways...

I wonder....What would have happened if i have told him? Would things be different?

(A random scenario)
-Reika

No comments:

Post a Comment