Wednesday, November 25, 2009

Awkward moments


















Though what people may say, i AM shy at people im unfamiliar with... especially with ADULTS or ANY OLDER RELATIVE (except for my parents and close relatives >.<). Also, i cant handle the crowd that well also. It got me thinking when i went to a friend's house because we had to do something and pretend to be busy bodies. So yeah, i arrived around 9:40 AM at my friend's house. Knocked at their door and thus the door opens. It was my friend's mum who opened the door (the first thing i thought was that my friend is STILL asleep. and the other one was "oh no"). She let me in and offered a seat. Then and there, i sat.... with awkwardness.


My friend's mum went up to my friend's room and knocked at my friend's room. HE IS FAST ASLEEP. I was sitting patiently and awkwardly. She came back to the living room to where i was sitting. She offered coffee and cookies while i was waiting. She was doing laundry and i was just sitting awkwardly trying to fix myself some hot coffee. Got my cookies... this particular cookie though were the ones produced by "PRESTO"... namely MILK COOKIES. I am not fond of milk, but i felt so awkward to actually NOT eat it. So yeah i opened the pack and got one cookie after another while sipping coffee in between. The one thing i noticed with the cookies were they had this little faces with emotions, ANOTHER thing was all the faces imprinted on the cookies that i have ate are ANGRY FACES (and i ate the cookies though i dont like milk cookies >.<). It felt so uneasy. So my friend's mum went upstairs again to try waking up my friend. HE IS STILL FAST ASLEEP. So I was still there sitting patiently and awkwardly when my friend's mum went down. She talked a bit, no she talked a lot. Lot of things where my replies were just

"haha"
"ahh... mao buh? (ahhh... really?)"
"Hala..."

Dont get me wrong, i actually like my friend's mum. She reminds me of my own mother a lot. And she's so hospitable. But i just feel so awkward. My friend finally woke up... went down and talked about what we were suppose to do that day. Then my friend ate a bit and went to take a shower. SO ONCE AGAIN, I was stuck there alone with my friend's mum. awkward. awkward. awkward. She saw i sitting alone again and offered KOKO CRUNCH. She took out a bowl, pour some in. Grabbed a glass and put lukewarm water and explained that their water wasnt cold because she didnt get to plug water dispenser that day. I stared at the water for awhile, and looked around the table and saw MILK. I dont usually eat KOKO CRUNCH without milk, but i felt so awkward to actually make myself some milk, or was my friend's mother actually offering me milk or something. So ended up eating KOKO CRUNCH without MILK -__- and she was passing by sometimes and makes me wonder if she thinks im weird cause im eating KOKO CRUNCH without MILK or maybe she may think "wala ni sa akung bukid" (a cebuano slang meaning not from my place pertaining ignorance).



So there were other times i experienced awkward moments from other people's parents/relatives. -__- but the experience i had this morning reminded me how awkward i feel when im around them especially if they start to have a conversation with me.


AWKWARD!

-Amfaru este.. Reika
P.S. I tried my best hiding my friend's NAME, and SEX haha.

2 comments: